IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT US ABOUT A YOUTH PREVENTION ISSUE OR FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR POLICIES PLEASE EMAIL YOUTHPREVENTION@JUUL.IE
YOUTH PREVENTION INITIATIVES
- We have pledged an initial investment of €25M over the next three years dedicated to independent research, youth and parent education, and community engagement.
- Our ecommerce platform utilises unique ID match and age verification technology to make sure minors are not able to access and purchase our products online.
- We market our products responsibly, following strict guidelines to have material directed toward adult smokers and not to youth audiences. (Please read our Marketing & Social Media Code)
- We support effective legislation and regulation to prevent the purchase and use of our products by minors.
- We have reseller terms that include monitoring and penalties for noncompliance with underage restrictions.
- Our packaging includes a prominent nicotine label which reads "This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance" as well as the additional statement “The alternative for adult smokers.”
- At every end point JUUL products are available for sale we enforce 'Challenge 25' age verification methods.
- Because of the regulated nature of our product, we conduct random compliance checks of independent retail stores using our secret shopping program. We evaluate hundreds of locations every month.
- We actively monitor the internet and process thousands of enforcement actions per month. Our goal is to ensure only authorised retailers who are subject to our youth prevention controls are selling JUUL products.