8 May 2019
JUUL LABS IRELAND LIMITED COOKIES DECLARATION
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identifies your browser or device. JUUL Labs may use technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixels and local storage to deliver, secure, and understand products, services, and ads.
2. What are cookies used for?
Cookies and other technologies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited it before. These technologies can then be used to deliver products, services, and ads, help us understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your experience in using our services. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
4. Cookies used by JUUL Labs
The cookies we use are "necessary" and "preference" and "marketing" and "unclassified" cookies.
- Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference cookies: Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
- Unclassified cookies: Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
5. How to activate / deactivate a cookie?
At any time, you can modify your options regarding cookies, in particular by the means described below.
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are stored on your device or, on the contrary, are rejected, either systematically or according to your issuer. You can also configure your browser to be promptly provided with the acceptance or rejection of Cookies, before a cookie can be registered in your terminal.
The following links can help you manage the configuration of your cookies, or you can use the "Help" option of your Internet browser to get more details.
• Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
• GoogleChrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
• Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
• Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
• Adobe (flash cookies): https://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html
To specifically block Google Analytics cookies, you can install the "Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on" provided by Google.